This is one of our favorite “restaurant” style meals that we can make during the week because it is semi-homemade. Use your favorite frozen or fresh cheese ravioli and this meal is super simple! Now that we are going back and testing some of our older recipes this was one of the first ones the family asked for. Shrimp Scampi Ravioli (click for link to original post) is a meal you can serve for a delicious celebration during the work week.
We forgot just how easy and delicious this meal is. The sauce is flavorful and tastes amazing. When everyone in my family loves a dish I have to put it into rotation again real soon.
I served this with a green side salad and a green vegetable to complete the meal.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined – thawed if frozen and tails off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 1/2 cups white wine, use your favorite that you like to drink, not sweet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 18 oz. frozen or fresh cheese ravioli
- Begin heating water for ravioli.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown – it will make it bitter. Add white wine, and lemon juice. Cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Add basil to the sauce.
- Add ravioli to boiling water. Cook according to package directions and drain.
- Reduce heat to low, add butter to pan. You want the heat low enough that the butter does not separate.
- Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve ravioli with shrimp and sauce served over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese over the top.